Thursday, July 5, 2012

Khawater Muslimah 1 - How to change yourself =D

How to change yourself video version =>       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BToPcnmEtjc

Ramadan is around the corner and many of us want to change for the better, to become better persons and hence better Muslims.

Well I've searched a lot about 'how to change yourself' on the internet since I'm no scholar and no therapist,  and I found some lovely videos and articles that I summarized   in my own words and will be sharing it with you :)

I want this video/article to be your turning point in life so please do get a notebook and note down the steps =D

1. Start off by asking yourself ;"Where am I ? and Where do I want to be/who do I want to be? "

2. Then ask yourself ; "Do I want to change or am I ready to change?" ,if you're answer is I want to change only but you're not really ready to change then you're third step will be to get yourself ready to change. Do belittle this step because it's very vital in the whole of process of changing ourselves.

3. Also ask yourself ; "Is it important for me to change?", because if it's not you're going to stop halfway through which won't do you any good. It would've actually been a waste of your time if it wasn't important to you

4. Do it for you, not for your parents nor for your friends or anyone else!

5. Realize that you can only change yourself, no matter how many people support you and are there for you. They won't change you because you're the only one that is capable of doing that! Allah will help you but that is after you take the first step yourself ; just like Allah said [ Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves (13:11) ]

6. This is a very important step, and it is where you ask Allah (SWT) to help you out in whatever it is you'll be doing it, and pray sincerely. Talk to Allah like he's your best friend and tell Allah that you'll be changing this and that about yourself and that you will never make it through without his help and beg Allah to help you throughout the journey. Trust me on that! (this really worked for me when I tried to quit watching Korean movies due to their negative impact on me.)

7. Don't make your plan of change depend on your emotions. In other words , don't make the change just because you're excited/hyped up/enthusiastic about it. Do it because you want to change for example : to have a healthier body, to become a better Muslim in my community etc. Just like Dr. Tarik Al-Habeeb said ; [Don't let your emotions change into projects] which means don't let your projects be based on your emotions. (hopefully that's a correct translation).

8. Remember that throughout the whole journey that you should constantly think of the results and keep imaging what they'll be like, also think of the rewards (: ... Example ; buy a size 2-4 jeans/shirt and place it in your room for motivation or think of the reward you get for learning tajweed even though you;re not an Arabic native speaker etc ;)

9. Well then how do I change GoldenGirl?!  .. well, that is by taking baby steps !
You want to lose weight start changing your food gradually and start exercising gradually as well because taking a HUGE step and starting off by running for a marathon is going to exhaust you and hence will surely be a drawback for you. so start with something that's laughably easy =)

10. Making the decision is the most important part  because once you've made that decision there is no turning back because you'll be telling yourself "I will never stop something I've already started" ;) 

In this Ramadan ,what is it that you want to achieve ? Is is that you want to quit listening to Music? or perhaps stop gossiping? or is it maybe to actually start reading Quran since it's been so long since the last time you actually even looked at it? Write down what you want to achieve in Ramadan 2012 in order of priority and then take each one and plan out how you'll do it and try you're best to connect them together so that you don't feel like you have so much to do. And mainly focus on the 'Priorities' and if it's necessary  then cross the ones at the bottom of the list if you felt that it's too much :D

I recommend reading a great book written by Abraham Hicks[Ibrahim fi8i] - may his soul Rest In Peace - available in both Arabic and English ;

http://www.mediafire.com/?42kxm28kqidoffy    =>  Arabic Version!
http://www.keepyourbobberup.com/law_of_attaction.pdf       => English Version !


Give me feedback please and don't forget to share this article with friends and family ;)


If anyone would like to help me in my next article/video that will be inshAlah about "Holding grudges?" (the topic might change thought) then please contact me on my e-mail address : thegoldengirl157@gmail.com  =D



No comments:

Post a Comment